Patients are typically referred by their primary physician, the hospital, and insurance case managers or by a family member. Families are encouraged to visit our hospital and take a tour to discuss the benefits of our services and programs. If needs be, a member of our clinical staff is available to conduct an onsite assessment at no charge.
Our admission team at HealthBridge Children’s Hospital works closely with referring hospitals to ensure that the admission process is efficient.
Our Admission Process
- To refer a patient to HealthBridge Children’s Hospital, the referrer should call the Admission Department at 713-351-6623 and fax demographic information to 713-482-4863.
- A clinical liaison will contact the referral source within 2 hours after receiving the referral to schedule a time to evaluate the therapy needing to be completed.
- Benefits will be verified prior to the on-site evaluation.
- Our goal is to have the evaluation of the patient completed within 24 hours.
- Once the evaluation is completed, we will submit the information to the patient’s insurance company and await authorization (Depending on the insurance provider it may take 24-72hrs for approval from payer)
- The referrer will be contacted daily for updates on the patient’s admission status. Once authorization is obtained, the patient may transfer that day or when medically ready. The admissions department will provide you with the proper information (accepting physician name and number for peer to peer, nurse report number, room number, number to fax transfer orders, etc.)